The Veterinary Christian Fellowship is an association of Christians in the veterinary and allied professions. Members come from all denominations and all areas of the veterinary professions.
WHAT ARE OUR AIMS?
- To unite Christians within the veterinary and allied professions in their common loyalty to the Lord Jesus Christ and to assist them in the integration of their faith into their professional lives
- To encourage the work of Christian veterinarians and lay staff and students working in the veterinary profession
- To support the work of members called to Christian service at home or abroad.
DECLARATION OF FAITH
Members declare their faith in Jesus Christ as my Saviour, my Lord and my God.
WHAT WE DO
- We organise a range of conferences for all members. These include presentations and discussions on topical issues given by members and guest speakers. These allow for fellowship and deeper Christian reflection on veterinary and related matters.
- We help members considering short or long term mission work to network and arrange such opportunities.
- We support the Veterinary Christian Unions at each of the Veterinary Schools in the UK and Eire.
- We have regional groups that meet together for fellowship and support amongst those who understand the issues faced in our professional lives.
- We maintain a database of members able to provide EMS placements for students and assist in making those arrangements.
- We run a mentoring scheme particularly aimed at new graduates but available to all.
- We organise CPD events covering all aspects of veterinary medicine linked to Bible teaching.
- We publish VCF News bi-monthly which contains news of members’ activities and articles to encourage fellowship and communication.
- We have a website www.vcf.org.uk which has all you need to know about what is happening in VCF, back copies of VCF News, podcasts of our conference speakers and much more.